1.1 When the following words with capital letters are used in these Terms, this is what they will mean:
- Charges: estimated Contract price
- Collection Point: means the place from which the Deceased is to be collected.
- Deceased: means the body of the deceased
- Destination: the place to which the Client has requested CCSL carry the Deceased to include any church, mortuary, crematorium, hospital, burial ground or other place where the Deceased is to be handed over.
- Force Majeure: is defined in clause 6.3;
- Funeral Plan Scheme: an investment product enabling the Client to pre-pay and/or pre-arrange a funeral for themselves or a loved one.
- Funeral Plan Schedule: the document setting out the details of the funeral
- In Transit: the time between Collection of the Deceased and reaching the Destination
- Item: a tangible item for sale by CCSL, such as coffins, urns, stands etc
- Plan: the plan you have agreed and that is governed by these Terms
- Terms: the terms and conditions set out in this document; and
- CCSL: means Clydebank Co-operative Society Limited (1278 R (s)) of 2 Sylvania Way South, Clydebank, G81 1EA trading at 11 Hume Street, Clydebank G81 1XL registered in Edinburgh.
1.2 This Contract shall be entered into between CCSL and the Client by the Client requesting, whether verbally or in writing (electronic or paper based), that CCSL perform the activities of funeral undertakers in relation to the Deceased. No verbal variation of the terms of this Contract shall be effective. These conditions apply to the exclusion of and in the place of any terms proposed or put forward by the Client and shall only be capable of variation by a written amendment to them, signed by CCSL. No verbal warranties, representations, agreements or assurances will bind CCSL, other than where provided for in this Contract or by law.
1.3 Subject to the terms of this Contract and in consideration of the payment of CCSL’S Charges and of any other monies which may become due under this Contract CCSL shall perform the activities of funeral undertakers in relation to the Deceased which shall include carrying the Deceased from the Collection Point to the Destination and using its reasonable endeavours to deliver the Deceased to the Destination at the time requested by the Client. CCSL shall use all reasonable skill and care when performing its obligations under the Contract
1.4 In these conditions except where the context otherwise required, the singular shall include the plural and vice versa; any gender include all genders; words denoting persons including bodies corporate and unincorporated associations and partnerships and vice versa.
2.1 CCSL shall retain full discretion as to the final route, means and procedure to be used when handling the Transit of the Deceased.
3. CHARGES AND FINANCE OPTIONS
3.1 CCSL Charges are in respect of the services as funeral undertakers and the Client understands and accepts that all arrangements with third parties shall be made through the CCSL, unless otherwise agreed between CCSL and the Client. Payment for those third party arrangements shall be in addition to the Charges and payable by the Client.
3.2 Where the Charges are payable on a plan which does not include finance, invoices are payable within 30 days of the date of invoice and payment should be made without any deduction or set off.
3.3 In the event of overdue payments, CCSL reserve the right to charge interest at the statutory rate of 8% above the base rate of the Royal Bank of England where sums have been overdue for a period of 40 days or more, and continuing both before and after any judgement.
3.4 Prices include VAT. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of the Plan and the reaching the Destination, CCSL will adjust the rate of VAT, unless the Client has already paid in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
3.5 Where the Client has opted for a finance package to fund the Funeral Plan, a separate credit agreement shall be provided to the Client between CCSL and the Client detailing the terms for credit and repayment options.
3.6 Finance facilities are subject to checks and at the discretion of CCSL. Finance is not applicable to purchases made through the CCSL website(s).
3.7 Where the Client has a Funeral Plan Scheme in place, the Plan shall be made in accordance with the Funeral Plan Scheme.
3.8 Finance Plans may be purchased online by creating an account with CCSL. Payment is taken via Sage Pay and can be paid in full, upfront.
3.9 We accept payment by credit card and debit card – payments to CCSL by credit card will incur a surcharge.